Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy Little Bees!

The first month of the new year is flying by and will soon be gone! Yesterday I celebrated my 35th birthday...yes 35th...seemed pretty indifferent, but I still can't believe I am 35. Seriously, where does the time go?? The in-laws were through town on Thursday and Friday, my family was here on Saturday. On Sunday Mason and I made a road trip to KC to see Aunt Holly and the twins! We ate lunch at Jose Peppers (Yum-O) and that was about it.

Mason had his 18 month check up earlier this month. He is 32 3/4" long and 23# 5 oz. Mason is SUPER busy. He is fast, funny and can climb pretty much whatever he puts his mind to! New words/sounds recently include "Papa" and "Meow"...he doesn't say "Meow" he actually makes a meow sound like the cat. Mason continues to be quite the entertainer and is still a really good eater. We have had some "sleep" issues the past 2 weeks, which I am praying is related to his Eye Teeth coming in. There have been a couple of nights that he will wake up after 2 or 3 hours of sleep and NOT go back to sleep until the next morning. During all of this we have decided to DELETE the morning nap. Last night was the first night in over 2 weeks that Mason slept the entire night through. It was MUCH needed rest for all of us.

Our friends who are adopting from Taiwan have had a slight change in plans...they stepped forward thinking they were adopting a 2 1/2 year old girl, however another family stepped up as well and was granted permission to adopt her instead. However, as God shut one door he opened another. They have now accepted the referral for a little 8 month old girl, who is just precious. They are hoping to travel to bring her home sometime in the next 3-6 months. Once they have a blog up and running I will share the link!

Other updates:
*We are moving forward with an Orphan Ministry at Church...we have the name (HOPEFILLED) and logo so stay tuned!
*Our family is moving! We found a house that we LOVED and decided to put ours on the market on Jan 2nd. To our surprise it sold just 2 weeks later! Stay tuned for more details!!

I hope you are all well! Leave me a comment or send and email and let me know who is still out there reading and how you are doing!

This boy loves to help clean!

Mason being silly...

Horsing around with Daddy...

More playtime with Daddy...

Bedtime Snack...Popcorn!!

Playin' in Mommy's Shoes...

Mason blowing his nose...

Mason and Papa Jack

Mason and Granny

Cousin Brileigh, Aunt Ande and Mason

Mommy holding Grant

Mommy and Aunt Darl with 5 of the 10 Wilkens Grandkids!

Out...

Chloe...Praying her home! But these things I plan won't happen right away. Slowly, steadily, surely, the time approaches when the vision will be fulfilled. If it seems slow, be patient! For it will surely take place. It will not be late by a single day. Habakkuk 2:3

7 comments:

Therese said...

Happy happy birthday! You can try, but you'll never catch me - so you'll always be young from my view!

Thanks so much for the pictures and update. If our two boys ever reunited, it would be trouble for sure and a lot of fun. We have a climber at this house as well! We've also got a case of sleep deprivation due to teeth! And our little guy is great at animal imitations, too.

I love seeing little Mason as he grows. Thanks for keeping us all in the loop.

Therese

carriepenka said...

I can't believe ohw big he is getting! Adorable!

Angela said...

Oh, you know I'm still out here checking in on ya, ever so often. Your boy is still so cute...and growing...but still so cute!!

Love the pic of Chloe!!
Ang

Sara said...

I'm still here checking on you and Mason. Thanks for the updates.

Amy said...

So good to see how well Mason is doing. I haven't forgotten your question about orphan ministry, will try to send out an email this week. Our orphan ministry is such a blessing to many, praising the Lord for that!

Hang in there with his sleeping. :)

Anonymous said...

I check your blog often to check on your family. I am so happy for all of you. Good luck with the move. I will be checking for new pictures.

the4stewarts@hotmail.com

Jen said...

Congrats on all of the changes in your lives. Feliz cumpleanos. The pictures are wonderful and it is exciting to read about the upcoming events in your lives. Best wishes in as you enter another journey in your lives.