Saturday, April 5, 2008

Rock Chalk Jayhawk...Go KU!!

Today is a great day for several reasons...1) Mason is 9 months old 2) Tonight the final four games will be played 3) the weather here is wonderful!! I am a bit torn for the KU vs UNC game...I "guess" I am a KU fan since I am a midwest girl and went to graduate school at KU. However, I picked UNC as the winner in my bracket! Anyway, as you can see, Mason is dressed and ready to cheer KU on tonight.

This week's highlights-
*Trip to CG (Mommy's hometown). While we were there, a group of old friend/coworkers surprised us with a shower! THANKS AGAIN MCH GIRLS!
*More visitors, some playtime with little friends.
*First trip to the mall...all of approximately 10 minutes! Mason does NOT like shopping. Daddy is excited about this, because he hates shopping with Mommy too. Daddy said now Mason can be his "little scapegoat" to get out of shopping or to at least get Mommy out of the store faster! :)

I have to share a funny story before you move on to the pictures. Today, I went to a car seat safety check. As soon as I opened up the door to the backseat and the inspector looked in, she said (and I quote) "Oh no, this is bad". To make a LONG story very short...It took her and another worker almost an hour to get our seat in properly. It even involved me sitting in the car seat so they could get the seat belt as tight as it needed to be (oh yes, picture to prove it). The woman helping us was super helpful and she told me about 95% of the car seats they inspect are installed incorrectly.

So my advice to those of you with children/babies in a car seat...
*Take the time to go get it inspected!
*All of the cute, extra fun stuff for your car and car seat....DON'T BUY IT!

I had the cute little Eddie Bauer mirror and seat protector and the cute little strap covers. If it isn't part of the car seat it's not safety approved! She said technically car seats are only "safe" when they are installed and used the exact way they are tested. So all the extra stuff, isn't part of the way the seat is supposed to be used. Now, she did say they can't "force" someone not to use the extra stuff, but it's not recommended. If it's not a part of the car seat, it may not be safe. They way the car seats are tested in crash tests, is they way they are when you buy them. Not with all the mirrors, toys, etc, etc. So, I learned something new. I promptly went home, got my husband's truck and went down there to have that seat checked as well.

Car Seat Safey (sorry, I can't figure out how to rotate the picture)

Helping Daddy work...

Cutest Thing Ever...
Future baseball player???
First day driving and already on the cell phone!
Hot stuff!
Honk if you are cheering for KU tonight!
Stud Muffin in his new set of wheels...
Mason at bedtime...bottle, blankie and bunny!
Daddy dressed me! (notice onesie is on backwards)
People ask, "Is he always happy"? The answer...
Mommy just had to buy this onesie...it's too funny!
Long eyelashes...Mommy is sooo jealous! :)
Lil' KU Jayhawk!

7 comments:

Therese said...

Oh, Mason, Mason - you are such a cutie!!!

I love how you're supporting all your buddies from EN by wearing the Basketball outfit for your April pictures!

And tell your daddy he's not the only dad putting clothes on kids backwards. I laughed out loud at that picture - it happens around here a lot.

We're so glad to see you finally home with your mommy and daddy.

Therese

hello somebody said...

I love the new pics!!! He is such a handsome little boy!

Unknown said...

Go JAYHAWKS!!
We have 2 things in common: I also am a KU alum and an EN Guatemama!! We brought Katelyn home (now 18 months and doing GREAT) last Novemeber. I live in the midwest by Marianne. My
email is deb at everlyfamily dot com.

Unknown said...

GO JAYHAWKS! We have 2 things in common: we're both KU grads and EN Guatemamas! We brought Katelyn home last November. She's 18 mo. old now and doing GREAT! My email is deb at everlyfamily dot com.

Whitney said...

Ohh, so cute!

Amy said...

Love the pictures - he is a cutie! The onesie on backwards made me giggle. :)

Stephanie said...

He is so cute (and tiny)! Glad things are going well!