Thursday, March 27, 2008

Home For 2 Weeks...

Today marks 2 weeks that Mason has been home. He really seems to be adjusting well. Initially he was having some sleep issues, but they seem to be getting better. We are focusing on keeping things routine and predictable. My time home with Mason is just flying by...it's amazing how little I get done during the course of a day (like updating the blog)! I am going to try to keep the blog updated, as it will serve as a scrapbook someday. I feel very blessed to have this time away from work to spend with Mason. He is just precious and we are beyond blessed to have him home.

A quick update of all Mason's happenings since we have been home...
*Pediatrician Appt on 3/17. He is healthy and we got the green light on starting fruits...he loves them! He weighed 17# 14oz. He is the 15percentile for weight.

*He is sitting up even better. He is less wobbly each day. He is rolling all over the place!

*First road trip on Easter Sunday, we took a 2+ hr road trip to visit Granny after her surgery.

*He still loves his thumb and blankie! He LOVES bath-time and thinks his Daddy is the funniest thing on the planet!

*He has had lots of visitors. He is very social, so he really seems to be enjoying the company.

*He went on his first stroller ride last week. He loved it! I think he enjoyed the time outside.

As far as family happenings...
*We are in the process of looking for another vehicle. I haven't posted this yet...but I was in an accident the day before we left for Guatemala. My SUV was totalled. Thank God nobody was injured.

*I woke up with Pink Eye in my left eye this past Tuesday morning, and then woke up Wednesday morning with it in my right eye! What a mess! Tell me, what 34 year old gets Pink Eye!?

*I am starting to educate myself on the re-adoption process...more paperwork...imagine that! :)

Now, what you are all looking for...PICTURES!!

My first Easter Basket...from Mommy and Daddy.

My first road trip...

Splish-Splash!
Story Time With Mommy...
Too Cute!
My First Stroller Ride...
My First St. Patty's Day...
First Pediatrician Appt. on March 17th
Look Out Ladies...
Pitching Practice With Daddy (aka-"tossing the rock")
Bounced Himself To Sleep...
Easter Basket From Nana & Papa...
Precious Boy...
*Good News! Kendall is coming home soon. Her case has been approved by PGN. Check out her blog (see the list of EN Families on the sidebar...The "King Family"). Thank you, Lord, for bringing home another EN baby.

11 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

C-U-T-E!!! I heart Mason! What a blessing that he is home and perfect!

With love,
Stacy

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures!! He has the happiest eyes---Full of Joy!!

Thanks for the update,
The Melvin Family

Deidre said...

Yea! New pictures (and update)! I have been checking your blog everyday for them. :) He is just so handsome and I know that you guys are loving your new life with him home.

So sorry about your pink eye, I hope that you are feeling better now. And good luck car shopping (I think I would rather have pink eye!) :)

Amy said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time coming together as a family. Mason, of course, is as cute as ever!

Glad to hear no one was hurt in your accident and hope your pink eye is history.

Jenny said...

Mason is so precious! What a wonderful blessing he must be to your family.
I'm glad no one was hurt in the accident and hopefully your pink eye will clear up very soon. All 6 of us got it last year...oh what fun!

hello somebody said...

What a cutie!!! I am happy that you are home and everything is going so well!Hope your eyes are better soon.

Stephanie said...

So glad things are going well! He looks so happy!

Whitney said...

So precious to hear of your family doings and see you together!

34 year old MOMMIES get pink eye! Welcome to the club. :)

Anonymous said...

Praise God!! So many wonderful things are yet to come. Mason is absolutely precious! I'm so happy for the three of you.
I check on here almost daily and love to read the new updates and see the new pictures.

Jen Muhlig

Anonymous said...

Jen and Matt,
I am so happy Mason is finally home! He is SUCH a DOLL! It brings tears to my eyes to see all three of you together!

Thanks for the good news!
Stacey Youngberg

David and Marianne said...

You all are just oozing happiness and joy!! Thanks for filling us all in on the first couple weeks... PTL for such special firsts!

Glad you weren't hurt in your accident... that must have been very unsettling right before you left!