Sunday, March 16, 2008

Home Sweet Home!

Hello! We have been safely back at home since the evening of 3/13. Sorry to have kept you all waiting, but we have just been enjoying our time with Mason and letting everything else go! I know you are here for details and mostly pictures, so I will try to keep this brief!

Now that we are home, I can give you more details about our actual trip. We left for Guatemala at the crack of dawn on Sunday, March 9th. We had Mason in our arms FOREVER within a couple of hours of landing in Guatemala City. Our embassy appointment was on Tuesday, March 11 and we were able to pick up Mason's Visa the following day. Then, we flew home at the crack of dawn on Thursday, March 13. Really, the trip went very well. Flights were on time, embassy appointments went well. I became ill during the night on Wednesday and was not 100% yet on Thursday, so it was a VERY LONG flight home. My husband's parents traveled to Guatemala with us, and I am SO thankful that we had the extra support and extra hands!

Mason's Status: ABSOLUTELY PRECIOUS! His eyelashes are amazing. He is very happy and easily entertained. He did AWESOME on the flight home! He has had a cold for a few days, but seemed to be feeling a little better yesterday. He is so little...all the clothes I took were too big, so thankfully the EN brought a few of the care package items I had sent. He was 8 months on March 5th, size 6 months seem to fit best...he can still fit into a few 3/6 month outfits as well.

THANK YOU to everyone who has followed us on this journey. We appreciate all the prayers and support. This journey has been absolutely amazing...the highs and lows, the tears and smiles...all completely worth it! My prayer for the last several months has been for this child to be in our arms forever and that the Lord's name would be glorified throughout this entire journey. The Lord's presence has been so evident, I am so thankful for his faithfulness.

To those of you who have called me, and haven't heard back from me yet....SORRY! I am thinking of you and will get you called back. To those who are wanting to come visit, please do! Just give me a call and we will make arrangements. We are extremely proud and love showing him off! To the EN families (and other waiting families) who are waiting to bring their babies home, my thoughts and prayers are constantly with you...I know how hard the wait is!
Our Family of Three... My first bath at home... Mommy loving on me in Guatemala... More lovin'... My first swim with Daddy... My first swimsuit... Getting ready for the Embassy... Ready to go to the Embassy... Mason loves his thumb and blankie... One cool little boy... My first evening with Mommy in Guatemala...Wake up Daddy, I am ready to play... My first dinner out...Our first night in Guatemala. Being a big boy, sitting in the hi-chair at my first dinner out... My first meeting and bottle with Daddy..."For this boy I prayed, and the Lord has given me my petition which I asked of him. So I have also dedicated him to the Lord; as long as he lives he is dedicated to the Lord." 1 Samuel 1:27-28

21 comments:

carriepenka said...

What a happy little boy! Your family looks so happy to finally all be together. We are so happy for you. God is good!
Carrie

Anonymous said...

AWESOME...that is all I can say!

Marci

Sara said...

I am so happy for you. You can see the peace in your face. Mason is such a handsome little boy and will continue to be blessed by his loving family. Glad things went smoothly and now you can sit back and ENJOY!!

Therese said...

What a beautiful family!

Mason looks settled already. He looks like he got what he's been waiting for, and so do you.

I am so happy for your family. We waiting families need rays of sunshine like this and your pictures made my day.

I wish you continued bonding time as a family, have fun showing each other off! You continue to be in our prayers and especially our prayers of thanks!

Therese

Jenny said...

Mason looks so precious and happy! The journey is tough but all worth it! Congrats!

Whitney said...

Thanks for feeding the picture-hungry fans here! You all look so great all together!

What a joy it was to tell other team members at church today that the little one that was sent to the hospital just after we left EN is healthy and HOME!

Praise God!

I need to send a DVD of our EN pics to another family, so I will add you to that list.

Jen said...

Praise the Lord! We are so happy to read that all went well and is wonderful in your forever family. May God continue to bless you as a family.

Stephanie said...

so glad he is in your arms forever! he looks so happy.. and so do you!

Amy said...

What a beautiful family! So glad that the Lord has answered your prayer and brought him home.

Enjoy this sweet time with your son!

Sheryl said...

How awesome to have Mason home. God is good all the time, and His timing is perfect.

Amy said...

Congrats on being home! You all look very happy and peaceful!

Anonymous said...

Oh Jennifer! This post made me all teary-eyed! I am so thrilled for all 3 of you. My mom saw your dad over the weekend and he told her you all were home safe and sound. She called me and let me know that --- I've checked this space about 20 times since then, excited for pictures and you sure came through on those!! He is beautiful.
May God continue to bless your sweet family with health and happiness and lots of love.
Jen Gordon

Anonymous said...

He's adorable!! Glad your trip went well and you are all happy and safe at home TOGETHER! Enjoy!

aubrey said...

I'm so happy for both of you! Your family of 3 is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

May God bless this sweet little boy with a great life. He is such a handsome little man. Thanks for sharing the pictures, it just makes me cry tears of joy when I see that these sweet babies are making it home. Keep praying for those that are still waiting. Praise the Lord for all that he is doing with these babies and their families.

jeffpope.com said...

dude...Mason Rocks!! (Rock Chalk new Jayhawk)...and you guys too. Happy Homecoming. Gotta go. Gotta change your category on my blog...sweet, i can't stop smiling.

Aim said...

Welcome Home! I am so happy for you and your family. Enjoy every second with your bundle of joy! God Bless!

Anonymous said...

He is so cute. Your whole journey has been amazing. Thank you for letting me follow. God bless you and your beautiful family.

Krystal DeBolt

jajbs said...

What a little CUTIE!!! Glad you made it home with no problems. Your family is beautitul! Enjoy EVERY minute with that precious baby boy!!!

Thanks for sharing the pics... i have been stalking!

amanda

Courtney said...

Welcome Home...........Mason and my daughter look so much alike I think. Check out my blog and tell me what you think !?!?!?! Maybe it's just me but I think they look similiar. Courtney

David and Marianne said...

Filled with joy for ALL of you!! It is great to see you all together and we are praising the Lord for the family He has created! The love, peace and sheer happiness just radiates from your face! Thanks for sharing all of the pics! Will continue praying for a smooth transition time.