Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Health Report & Shopping....


We received our first health report today....it was actually completed on 07/08/07, but we just received a copy of it today. Mason has been declared physically, mentally and neurologically "fine". They plan to start his immunizations per protocol.

I have cried pretty much every single day since receiving the referral on 07/07/07....tears of joy, tears of happiness, tears because I want to see him, tears because I want to hold him, tears because I hope he is safe.....the list goes on!! What it boils down to is this: I need to love on my baby right now!! This further translates into: We are going to have to work it into our schedule and budget to do a visit trip....soon!

When we started this journey we agreed not to take any visit trips....only the pickup trip (for the sake of $$$ and vacation time). Well, within 2 days of receiving the referral I told mu hubby there was absolutely no way I could possibly wait....imagine that!

Our agency has advised us not to do any visit trips until after the DNA testing has been completed and reviewed. Our next big step in this process is waiting on the DNA test and Social Work Interview. The DNA test is a requirement of the US Embassy....the Social Work Interview is done on the Guat side with a SW there and Mason's bio-mom. According to our agency the DNA test is typically completed with a final report approx. 3-4 weeks after accepting the referral (which we did on 07/09/07.

Have I mentioned that I recently turned to therapeutic shopping to help relieve some of my anxiety and stress?? It really has worked wonders for me. Let's just say that Mason's cute little wardrobe is almost complete for next summer...God Bless Sales! I really mean this....I have loaded up! I also indulged in some items for his immediate enjoyment....they have been lovingly packaged and sent his way. I have attached a picture of the items I sent in his care package.

Please continue to pray for the following:

* Mason's safety & health.

* The caregivers at the orphanage- may their hearts be filled with love & compassion for the waiting children they are caring for.

*Mason's biological mother- pray that she has the strength and courage to find peace in her decision. Pray that she find herself content in knowing that Mason will soon be joining his forever family...who will love and provide for him always.

*Pray for God's protection of our case/file. Pray for a speedy processing and no delays!

We will continue to keep you updated!

2 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

Awww, Jennifer!
Your post brought tears to my eyes! I hope you are able to work in a visit trip and I hope that DNA is done super fast and things are speedy for you the rest of the way!
I highly recommend retail therapy Ü
Nothing better then SALES!
Hugs♥
Lisa

Mindy said...

Just wanted to say tha tyour son is just beautiful!!! Adoption is so amazing and so emotional that you will find yourself in tears often along the way:-) I know I sure did. We started planning our visit days after our referral as well. Lucky for us, DNA was done days before we left:-) Shopping helped me get through the process...LOL...it was a wonderful way to make me feel connected and pass the time...
Many Hugs