Tuesday, July 24, 2007

The proof is in the closet....

Since receiving the referral I have been talking nonstop about Mason and showing his picture off to anyone willing to give me a moment of their time!

In my previous post I mentioned the retail therapy I have been undergoing. You may have asked yourself....is she still indulging? The answer would be YES! I binge-shopped over the weekend (to my hubby...honey, it was all on sale....I swear!). I am proud to say I have NOT purchased anything for Mason since Saturday! (the proof of my weakness is in the attached picture and in the nursery closet!)

Oh...dang, I just remembered I bought a "designer" travel baby wipe case this morning off of ebay. Oh well, I went a couple of days in a row without indulging....which is really good for me!

Not a lot of new information to pass on at this time. We are awaiting DNA authorization, testing and results. Once the results are in (and it's a match) we would be able to go on a visit trip. As far as any speculation as to when we may have Mason home forever....I hate to even say. The process can be very time consuming with unexpected delays. I would venture to guess a minimum of 6 months from date of referral. I still pray it will be sooner, rather than later.

I did find out that another local family is going to be able to go pick up their 5th child from the children's home very soon. I have asked them to give Mason some one on one snuggle time on my behalf...they have graciously offered to snap photos of him for me too! I crave any little bit of info I can get on Mason....too bad they won't let me have a web-cam on his crib. Can you even imagine if they would allow such a thing....I would never leave my computer, let alone my house!!!

Please continue to keep our son, the children's home, our son's biological mom and us in your prayers! Pray for God's protection of our case....and for a speedy processing without delays! Satan stay away!

God Bless!




3 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

I don't think he will go naked Ü
Nothing better then a little retail therapy to make you feel better!

Chantelle said...

OKay, you are as bad as I am!!!! I am a total shop a holic for my daughter!!!! You are sooo right...Retail therapy can be your friend in the process!!! Just checking out your site. You guys are already so in love....Hey I STILL get teary every day and we have been in the process for almost 9 months sincer referral!!! Kleenex stock has gone us from my purchases alone! Best of luck to you guys! I will check in every now and then to keep up!
Chantelle (biancasmom)

Half Dozen Mama said...

Hi I was delighted to find your blog. We too are adopting a baby from EN. I am also looking for a family who is going to EN who would be willing to love on our DD and to TAKE MORE PICTURES...we can't get enough. Please contact me at
Professionalmama at gmail dot com
Thanks so much
Alicia