Thursday, October 11, 2007

Submitted to PGN...Praise God!

Today Mason is 14 weeks old. This morning I received an email from our adoption coordinator stating our attorney submitted us to PGN on 10/09. He had to submit us to PGN without our "official" PA. Although our PA was issued on 09/29, it's not "officially ready" for the attorney to pick up from the US Embassy (Why? I don't know).

I am thrilled that we have been submitted to PGN...but we already have a guaranteed KO (kick-out) because of the PA. His reason for submitting us without PA...to keep the ball rolling and hopefully they will review the case enough that when they do kick us out for no PA, they can also let our attorney know if there is anything that needs corrected. This way when we are resubmitted to PGN (along w/ the PA) we hopefully won't have to endure any other KO's. (Is your head spinning yet?)

We also received a health update that was completed on 10/07. Mason is now 10# and 21.5 inches long. He is "doing well, happy, eats well and very attentive". Sounds to me like he is quite the little over-achiever...probably the most well developed 14 week old baby I know (I am soooo going to be "one of those" mothers)! ; )

As for the most current news regarding the fate of adoptions between the US and Guate. The amendments (for the clause allowing in-process cases to continue) was scheduled to be presented on Oct 9th. Rumor is, voting on these amendments will not occur until sometime after Nov 4th. I have not heard a peep about what may or may not have happened in Guate on Oct 9th. Is no news good news??? I sure hope so.

I pray every night (and several times a day) for the waiting families and children. I pray that God will continue to bless our adoption journey. I pray for His hand of protection over our file. I pray that those reviewing our file in PGN will be blessed with kindness and soft hearts (and the ability read through & approve our file QUICKLY!).

I must tell you... I am the emotional one in this process (who would have known....). Hubby has been the "strong" one, while caring and willing to go through this process, he just has not allowed himself to become as "consumed" (ok...obsessed) as I have. I really am grateful for this...if he was as emotional as I am, we wouldn't accomplish anything. However, the other night he made a comment that melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes (and still does). He said "I am trying so hard not to get my hopes up and not get attached. But, I just love that one picture of him. I can wait to hold him and press his chubby little cheek next to mine."

I am posting the picture he is referring to, which happens to be my favorite one too. It was taken at age 8 weeks...the day after he got out of the hospital. I can't wait to kiss those chubby little cheeks. I can only imagine what it's going to be like to finally have the chance to lay eyes and hands upon him. I pray that day comes soon.

6 comments:

Whitney said...

So glad you got the update you were waiting for and got into PGN. Praying you can get in with that PA soon to get out!

Stephanie said...

Praying for you! I know how hard the wait is. Praying the Lord gives us all strength and faith to trust in Him during the wait.

jajbs said...

That is great news... praying they do KOs now and you fly through after being resubmitted. I know what it is like to be "obsessed"!!! :)


amanda

David and Marianne said...

He is so adorable...I would want to kiss those cheeks too!! So happy for you to continue going through the process one step at a time with God's hand consistently showing up...it's so reassuring and I know He is so worthy of that praise! May He continue to hear from Heaven the hearts' cries from these Guatemala mamas and their babies!!

Whitney said...

I am tagging you... :)

Thanks for the poem.

Therese said...

Hello fellow travelers,

Our family is just about a month behind you on this long trying journey to completion!

I feel like I've been peeking into the windows of your house, uninvited, as I stumbled across your blog right around the time your sweet Mason was hospitalized. You had prayers from us, even though you didn't know it, I hope you felt it.

I would love to talk about our experiences via e-mail as well as offer another shoulder to lean on during these uncertain times. This is probably a big "no-no" in the blogosphere, but here goes: my e-mail is ttennessen@gmail.com. If you want to connect, we'd love to hear from you and share stories.

No matter whether we talk in person or not, please know that you and darling little Mason will always be in our prayers.

Therese (mother of little Danny (right under Mason's picture in the Fall photos on the EN website - arm around pumpkin)