Thursday, October 18, 2007

"We have a Guatemalan on backorder..."

I really hope the title to this blog doesn't offend anyone...because that is certainly not the intent. My husband made this comment the other day, in light of all the recent "downer" news on adoptions in Guatemala. It cracked me up...and I definitely needed a good laugh! Today Mason is 15 weeks old. Word on the street is he made the "Cute Kids This Week" cut again!! I am so proud of my boy! ;)

As for any updated news...rumors of a more positive note are slowly surfacing. Apparently Pres Berger (Guate) has announced his intent to support allowing in process cases to continue. Now, with that said, it's still speculation and the Guate Congress will still need to vote (and pass) amendments for the "grandfather clause".

Yesterday I mailed off care package #4 for Mason. I included 2 complete outfits and a disposable camera...a fellow blogger/GuateMama will be traveling in November to go see her son at the home. She was kind enough to offer to take a care package for Mason with her (Thanks again Stephanie). I was notified today, by another fellow blogger/GuateMama, that I have been "tagged". So, I will now answer the following questions about myself (THANKS Whitney!). :)

Jobs I have had:
Babysitter (jr high)
Hospital Daycare (jr high)
Theater/Video Store (jr/sr high)
DQ (high school)
CNA in NH and Hospital setting (high school)
Hospital Social Worker (post college)
Hospice Social Worker/Marketer (currently)
License Real Estate Agent (currently)
"Slumlord" (currently)

Places I have lived:
Kansas City (Missouri)
Council Grove, Emporia, Wilsey& Topeka (Kansas)

Foods I love:
Mexican
Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies
Rice Krispie Treats
Brownies
Fruity Pebbles
Pizza

Places I'd rather be In:
In Guatemala picking up our son
Any ocean beach (as long as it's warm & sunny!)

Books I love:
Honestly I am not much of a reader (how I survived grad school is still beyond me...)
I am currently reading the book of Psalms & Beth Moore's "Daniel"

TV shows I watch:
I am all about the DVR..."real TV" takes too long!
The Hills (yes, I got sucked in)
Desperate Housewives
Extreme Home Makeover
The Bachelor (another one I have been sucked into)

I am Tagging:
???

Please continue to pray for Mason and our adoption case. Pray for God's hand of protection over our file in PGN...specifically for speedy processing so our case can be finalized on the Guate side before the end of the year.

Have a good evening!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you worked at DQ...that put a huge smile on my face! Let me know if you want to go get a blizzard before Bible study next Monday :) Thanks for the update on my future nephew Mason (yes I'm claiming him...who knows if I'll ever get to be a real aunt)! God really is watching over the Wilkens family!

Amy said...

Praying for Mason to come home quickly. :)

Kim & Dave said...

Praying your baby comes home soon!

Where are you in KS?

I grew up in Lawrence.

Whitney said...

Did you know that Mason made the "Cute Kids" again? He is pretty cute!