Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mason is 16 weeks old today...

Can you believe it....16 weeks old already! It's amazing that the days of "waiting" seem to drag on, but at the same time it goes by so quickly!! I can't decide if I want the end of the year to hurry up and get here, or if I want time to go by slowly in hope of there being time for our case to be finalized by the end of the year. I could seriously drive myself crazy trying to figure this one out...but, the truth is it's not in my hands or in my time. I am praying for God's mercy and faithfulness to get us through this.

We finally received our "official" PA notice from the US Embassy on 10/22...this means it's ready for our attorney to pick up. I can breathe a little easier knowing that our PA is ready to go when we get kicked out of PGN. I was actually thinking I might hear about a kick-out this week. This past Tuesday marked 2 weeks since our PGN submission. I am hoping that we have been kicked-out and I just haven't heard yet. I am ready to get back in the game WITH PA!!

I mailed off care package #4 last week...it had 2 outfits and a disposable camera. The package will make it's way to Mason by a fellow family who is also adopting from the EN. They are going to visit their son in November. They in a different state, but we have connected via blogging and email. Our time lines are very similar, we are grateful for their generous offer to take down a care package and give our sweet boy some TLC while they are there.

I pray each day that Mason knows just how much he is loved. I pray that through the Lord's Divine intervention that Mason knows he has a family who loves him and will do whatever it takes to bring him home. My thoughts are on this child all day long. Nights are sometimes the toughest, I catch myself lying in bed thinking of him...is he asleep, awake crying, did someone rock him to sleep?? I believe he is getting the best care they can give him at the EN and I know God's eyes and gentle hands are upon him. I can't wait to rock him in my arms...and watch over him as he sleeps.

Please continue to pray for the fate of the in-process adoption cases. There is still no official resolution. Hopefully we will know more about this in November, after the final Guate elections.

O God, do not keep silent; be not quiet, O God, be not still. Psalm 83:1

Defend the cause of the weak and fatherless; maintain the rights of the poor and oppressed. Psalm 82:3

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I did get your package!! I will get it safe to your precious Mason!
Stephanie

David and Marianne said...

Wonderful news! Hope you get that KO soon! Are you planning a visit trip?? We'll continue praying for you and all those sweet Guatemalan babies!

Anonymous said...

Jen,
"My thoughts are on this child all day long."---What a sweet words from a sweet mommy about her sweet boy!!
Angie

Whitney said...

Praying for you all to be pressing through to get your boy home!

jajbs said...

I am praying daily for God to move in this situation. I believe He will!!!



amanda