Friday, May 2, 2008

Back To Reality...

I went back to work this last Monday. I honestly bawled my eyes out Sunday night after putting Mason to bed, I did fine on Monday though. Fortunately I am "easing" back into work, so I am only working 2 days a week through the month of May. I will step it up to 3 days a week in June and then will be back f/t by mid-July. Even when I am back f/t, my plan is to only work 4 days a week. We are actually very blessed at this point as I am working on Daddy's days off, so Mason gets "Daddy Day" twice a week. Once I am back f/t, Mason's week will consist of staying with Daddy 2 days, Mommy 1 day and then a friend of mine will keep him the other 2 days.

Mason continues to learn and grow daily. He is finally feeling a little better...we ended up on 5 days of Prednisolone last week. He has pretty much had a runny nose since the day we met him...I am beginning to think "allergies"?? His rash came back this week too....I don't know what to make of that, it's on his chest, tummy, neck and upper back. He has a check up later this month, so I am hoping we can hold out on anymore Dr visits or calls until then.

More Mason Updates:
*His second tooth is almost completely in.
*He is now crawling at lightening speed!
*He has a new bruise on his forehead...because he is know trying to pull himself up!
*He continues to love being outside...stroller rides and his new tree swing.
*He experienced his first good ol' Midwest Tornado Warning! The sirens went off at 1am, so we got to head to the basement in the middle of the night. Luckily we didn't have any of the severe stuff in our area. Mason was a trooper, he barely even woke up and went right back to bed when it was over.

Family Fun:
*Mason has a new cousin....Brileigh Jo who was born on April 25th (also my baby brother's 30th birthday)! Brileigh is the daughter of Matt's brother, Lee, and his wife Ande. Brileigh is adorable and so, so tiny!
*My cousin had a little girl on April 24th! Look out Addison Lynn...you've got 4 big brothers to keep track of!

Eagle's Nest News:
*2 more babies are coming home to their forever families! Gabriel and Nathan's cases were approved by PGN. (See "Trusting For Seven" and "The Schommers")

Picture Time...
You can thank Aunt Darl for this someday!

Snack-Time!


Uncle Lee, Cousin Brileigh, Mason & Daddy
Bedtime
Bubble Beard
Aren't the sunglasses hilarious!?
Mason and Mommy



"But encourage one another day after day, as long as it is still called today." Hewbrews 3:13

4 comments:

Sara said...

Yeh, the transition back to work is tough, but it all works out in the long run. I know it has been good for my children to be with other kids and other adults. It has been good for me to have that balance too. Keep your chin up:)

hello somebody said...

He is sooo cute!
We changed our blog to
http://mommaof3littlemonkeys.blogspot.com/
Sheri mom to Sophie from EN

Amy said...

I love the bubble beard. Mason is just too cute!

Jen said...

Everyone in your family looks like life is terrific! We continue to pray for more adventure in your lives and we pray that work moves along fine as you get back into it.