Thursday, May 8, 2008

Please Pray For The Orphans In Guatemala...

Oh how the ups and downs of the adoption process remain fresh in my mind. I would literally be totally excited one day and crying the next. It seemed the news we received changed almost daily. Unfortunately, the most recent news on Guatemalan adoptions is NOT good.
Guatemala has suspended ALL adoptions, including those grandfathered in and all current inprocess cases, for at least 30 days. Although Mason is safely home (Thank you, Lord) the orphans of Guatemala are in my thoughts and prayers daily (especially those at the Eagle's Nest). I feel absolutely sick for the waiting parents. Please keep the waiting children and families in your prayers.

Life at our house is good. Mason turned 10 months old on May 5th and has been home for 2 months today. I would almost bet that he will be walking by his 1st birthday. He isn't "pulling" himself up, rather "pushing" himself up to a standing position. Speaking of his 1st birthday, we have been thinking ahead to exactly what we plan to do to celebrate this day. I am trying to come up with some cute ideas for a birthday cake or cupcakes. Bloggers...if you have any ideas that you would like to share, please do so!



Mason and Papa
He has the cutest belly laugh!
Mason and Big D
Hangin' out with Big D
Somebody had a visit from the hair fairy!
Our Announcement...after 2 months!
Mason's first softball game...Daddy's team won!
"O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in times of distress" Jeremiah 16:19
Lord, please uplift and give strength to the families who are waiting to bring home their babies from Guatemala.

3 comments:

Jen said...

Happy Mother's Day, Jennifer. :)

David and Marianne said...

Thank you for continuing to pray for all of us waiting!

For my son's 1st birthday we did a sports theme(he loved balls even back then)... I decorated the tops of the cupcakes either as baseballs, footballs, basketballs, or soccer balls(those were the hardest). They turned out really cute : ) Have fun celebrating his 1st birthday!!!

Whitney said...

I am impressed you have your announcements out...ours are still in the works! :)