Tuesday, September 11, 2007

99.9943%

I have several things to share today...

First, I am pleased to announce that our son has passed his first test with flying colors! We received the DNA results today...it's a match, 99.9943% to be exact. That's an A+ in my eyes! Go baby boy! As a result of this news, I have had the song "Pure Love" by Ronnie Milsap going through my head ALL day long (those of you familiar with this song know what I am talking about...now you have it going through your head too...don't ya?!).

For those of you who are wondering what on earth I am talking about, here are the lyrics..."Pure love, baby it's pure love Milk and honey and Captain Krunch and you in the morning. Pure love, baby it's pure love, Ninety-nine and forty-four one hundreds percent pure love". Sorry for regressing...I was a child raised listening to 61 Country on the am dial. Anywho...

He has also won his first contest! The couple who run the home have their own blog site and each week they post pictures of "Cute Kids This Week". Well, he made the cut this week. OK, so it's not an "official contest"...but he won my vote!

I am preparing care package #3 as I type this...the clothes are actually in the dryer. I have the opportunity to send down another package with someone who is traveling this coming weekend. I asked our adoption consultant if there is anything the home is in need at this time and she told me preemie sleepers and preemie onsies. Sooooo, you know this involved some shopping. Hey, it's for a good cause! By the way, it's not easy finding preemie clothes and when you do the selection is pretty limited.

So, once things are dry I will be packing two 1-gallon baggies. One for Mason and one w/ the donated preemie clothes. Isn't Mason so lucky to have a mother who will go to the ends of the earth to find great deals on this season's latest fashions? :)

On a serious note...today is the 6th anniversary not only for the events of 9/11, but also for my Grandma's funeral. I will end today's blog with happy memories of her...if she were here today she would not be able to contain herself in the wait for Mason. She loved her grandkids! I guarantee you the first thing she would have asked me would have been "what colors are the nursery?", so she could have started working on an afghan for him.

God bless each of you and your family. Tonight I pray for peace over those who were directly impacted by the events of 9/11. I pray for peace & safety over Mason, the children's home and those caring for him. I praise God for the good news we received today (the DNA results). God, please continue to bless and protect our adoption journey.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Yeah and praise to the Father!!!

Amy said...

One step closer to coming home! This is great news. Praying your journey will be smooth.

Anonymous said...

Excellent news!! God Bless you all!

Unknown said...

Congrats! That is great news, I hope this process moves along quick for you. :) Aimee