Sunday, December 16, 2007

The Vote Is In....

The Guatemalan Congress did vote on Dec 11th and passed the Ortega Law. I am thankful they did include a provision for in-process cases to continue under the current set of laws. While this is certainly positive news, there still remains some uncertainty.....for example the definition of "in-process", how in-process cases will be registered, etc. At this point, I feel pretty confident that our case is far enough along to be considered in-process.

Overall my reaction is one of relief, I am thrilled to know our case will be allowed to continue after Dec 31, 2007. We continue to pray that our case will be out of PGN by the end of the year, just so we can get this little guy home as soon as possible. We have not received an update for December yet, I am hopeful we will receive updated pictures, a health report and legal update soon. I am getting a little antsy for some news.

I am pleased to tell you that there are 4 EN children that will soon be joining their forever families (at least 4 that I am aware of that is). To read more about their adoption journey, scroll down and in the side bar you will see "Other Families With EN Kiddos". The families I am referring to are: The Turner Family, The Lott Family (#1 & #2 blogs), Waiting For Number 4 and McGuire Family. I just want to say CONGRATULATIONS to these families again...what a blessing they have received, their little ones will soon be home with their forever family.

Each one shall give as he has made up his mind, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7

1 comment:

Whitney said...

Praying for you all! Thanks for your encouragement and prayers!