Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Prayers Please....

This has been an interesting week. I will try to keep a very long, complicated story short...

I will start by saying Mason is doing well. He is still in the hospital...he was ready for dc last Friday but there were some snags with that plan. This is where it gets complicated. There is a lot of unrest in Guatemala right now with their upcoming elections and with some of the negative media attention regarding adoptions in Guatemala. There was an incident on Aug 11 (not related to our case, our agency or the children's home) which has caused heightened alert on all adoption cases.

The hospital would not release Mason back to the care of the children's home...although they have all the required and legal paperwork showing his biological mother has released his care to them. The staff presented the paperwork to the hospital, but due to the increased alert on all adoption cases they were not willing to release him.

Our attorney in Guatemala went to court yesterday and was able to speak to the judge today about getting a court order for Mason's release. The plan for tomorrow is for our attorney, a staff member from the children's home and Mason's bio-mom to go to the hospital to get Mason. The hospital will then (hopefully) dc Mason to his bio-mom and she will in turn sign a release to hand him over to the children's home again.

Needless to say, I have been a complete mess for the past few days. I have spent a lot of time in tears and in prayer. At this point, I am genuinely most concerned about the safety of all those involved in tomorrow's events. I of course also hope that his bio-mom remains cooperative and content with her decisions. Despite this unexpected delay and turn of events I am choosing to remain hopeful. I believe that regardless of the outcome of our case down the road, God has brought Mason into our lives for a reason and part of His plan for both Mason and us. God's glory has been present throughout this entire process and for that I give praise.

It also goes without saying that I will be on pins and needles tomorrow. Our agency is still hopeful for a DNA/SWI this Friday or next Monday...but there is no guarantee until we see what tomorrow brings.

On a good note...I had my "annual physical" today (those are always fun...not!) and the doctor did NOT find me certifiably insane!!!

Please pray for tomorrow's events....that all are safe and the dc goes smoothly and without incident.

"Ask and it shall be given to you; seek and you will find it; knock and the door will be opened for you" Matthew 7:7

Lord open doors as we pray for the innocent people of the world. Keep Mason close to you and protect him from evil.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

Will be praying, praying tomorrow, especially!

Stephanie said...

I am so sorry you are having to deal with this. I know the heartache you feel. Please know that I am praying for a peace that only comes from God. I will also pray for the protection of Mason, all to go smooth tomorrow, for Mason to be back at EN safely and for your case to continue to process without anymore delays.

Andrea said...

Praying for you and your husband! I know it's hard.

About the "insane" part---there's no shame in insanity, it goes along with International Adoption and the waiting for your child! Hang in there! Write if you need anything!

Amy said...

Praying today.