Saturday, August 11, 2007

Warning...Pity Party Ahead...

Hello! I am having a small pity party today (I am the only one invited)....My last update on Mason was Thursday. I was told he had developed a "cough" over the last couple of days, so the Dr kept him in the hospital a little longer. Last I knew, the plans were for the Dr to see Mason Friday, and he would most likely be dc back to the children's home then.

So as of this afternoon I have no idea if Mason is still in the hospital or if he is safely back at the children's home. For those of you who know me really well, you know just how anxious I am for news. It will also come to no surprise when I tell you that I am having "one of those days" where I become teary eyed at the littlest of things (a song, a card, a TV commercial...you know what I am talking about)!

So to torture myself further, I have been listening to and watching the video of a song called "When Love Takes You In" by Steven Curtis Chapman. For those of you who are not familiar w/ this song or artist.....he is a Christian artist, he and his wife have adopted 3 children from China. The song has been described as Steven's love letter to his adopted children. I feel this song beautifully illustrates the blessing of adoption.

If you haven't played the video above yet...do...it's worth the time. Warning....grab a kleenex or two (oh heck, grab the whole box)!

2 comments:

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Hi, thanks for the post on our blog. We were at Eagle's Nest on Friday, August 3rd. We were so impressed that the children/babies were so loved and cared for by the EN staff. They had mentioned that 4 babies were at the hospital that day and were hoping to have them back soon. It was encouraging to us to know that the kids were waiting to go to their new homes/parents.

Even though we do not know you, we will be praying that the adoption process is hastened and soon you and your little guy will be together.

Kathy (Pearson) Troyer said...

Jennifer, How did you find our blog? I was just curious!