Wednesday, January 30, 2008

New Birth Certificate....Check!

Yep! It's official, Mason has our last name! His first birthname remains the same, so we will have to legally change his first name once we have him home. Which leads to another question many have..."Have you decided on a middle name yet?" The answer: No, we are still discussing it. I can tell you we will be incorporating his birthname though.

Our attorney plans to get the passport tomorrow and will hopefully submit our final papers to the US Embassy early next week. Then we wait for DNA authorization from the USE! Please pray that Pedro is able to get our passport tomorrow and get all our final paperwork to the US Embassy for the 2nd DNA early next week! Also, continue to pray for Mason's health and safety and that the financial needs of the Eagles Nest are met.

Thanks again for all of your love, prayers and support! I am posting some pictures of the "damage" I have done. I am not even kidding when I say that this isn't everything...there have been a few other purchases since the initial "WE ARE OUT OF PGN" shopping spree. Also, I have been stocking up on diapers, formula, wipes and baby veggies. I was able to find out what size/brand of diapers and what forumla Mason is currently using. He is now eating "veggies" at lunch...HOMEMADE baby veggies that is. He is soooo loved and spoiled! :)

Clothes, Swing, Bumbo seat!

More clothes....various sizes...planning ahead (of course)

PJ's (various sizes)

Care Package #5. I sent this pkg down w/ a family who traveled to Guate last week.

My laundry room is functional again! Looks nice and clean now!
"For with God nothing will be impossible" Luke 1:37

11 comments:

a_lanae12 said...

Jennifer --
Hi, this is Alicia, I work on 6North at Stormont and remember you as our wonderful social worker. I don't know if you remember me but I wanted to CONGRATULATE you! I have been following your blog for the last couple of months and am soooo excited for you!!! It is truely thrilling news for you :) CONGRATS again and I pray that the passport will be done quickly and that your trip to and from Guatemala will be safe. Mason is such as doll :)

--Alicia

Amy said...

It must be great to be able to check-off things done! Looks like you had great fun shopping too!

We continue to pray that this last leg of the journey goes smoothly.

Stephanie said...

So glad your journey is almost over. Praying he is home soon.

Deidre said...

YEA!! How exciting and fun! I am so excited that he is coming home and can't wait to see a picture of him in your arms.

Sara said...

That has to feel so good that your son now has your last name and not too much longer and he will be with you! The clothes looked so cute.

Whitney said...

Yeah!! He has your name!! In no time you will be holding him! Praise God!

Those bumbo seats make me laugh, because I had not heard of them until I started following Guat. adoption blogs...so I thought it was a Guatemalan thing. :)

I will have to email you our list of what we liked and didn't, etc in Guat.

David and Marianne said...

You give us all hope that our babies will come home soon....congatulations on official names!!! Praying these next steps will FLY by quickly!!

Anonymous said...

Jen...I am just so excited for you both. I can't wait to meet this little boy who has stolen all of our hearts before we have even seen him in person. When do we get to have a baby shower for you?!?! May the rest of the journey go smoothly...I can't wait until you have your little boy home! ;-)

Marci McNeal

hannah said...

I am so glad that the journey to your little one is almost over. I know it must feel great to check things off. I pray that we are to that point real soon.

Amy said...

You have been tagged...view my blog for details!

www.amylynn3-thegoldsteins.blogspot.com

Sara said...

you've been tagged...see my blog