Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Well, Calm and Smiles Alot!

This is exactly what our health update for January indicates....wonderful news. His weight is up to 13# 12 oz. This past week as been a little crazy, so I'll give you an update. Mason turned 6 months old on January 5th. Can you believe we have already been watching this sweet little boy grow for 6 months? Better yet, can you believe that I haven't had a nervous break-down in the last 6 months??!!

As far as we know our case is still in PGN...this is good news! Please hold us close in prayer...specifically that our case receives approval soon and that we do NOT receive any kick-outs. The "new law" is in effect in Guatemala and things are NOT running smoothly. Cases "in-process" are supposed to be grandfathered in. However if you receive a kick-out now, your case CANNOT be resubmitted to PGN. It's hard to explain and I am just praying it's an issue we don't even have to deal with. Basically if a case gets a KO now, it has to be registered with the Central Registry to continue to be processed. The problem you ask? THERE IS NO CENTRAL REGISTRY! Are you picking up what I am laying down? There are already several cases in this situation....and nobody has the answers yet.

Needless to say I am completely on edge. As for other news... we have officially registered! We took the plunge and registered at Target and Burlington Coat Factory because a couple of dear friends are planning a baby shower for us in Feb. While this is super exciting, it also has me stressed out. I know it probably sounds silly, but the entire time we were registering I found myself letting go and then turning around and guarding myself. In my head I was thinking "what if?" What if we run into major delays and it's months before Mason comes home? I am trying to allow myself just to enjoy this! God has heard our prayers for a child...God has delivered Mason to us with purpose...and I believe it's His plan for Mason to be part of our family.


"This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

10 comments:

Amy said...

He is absolutely precious! I hope you are out of PGN soon and on your way to pick up your sweet little boy! I TOTALLY know what you mean about being scared to let your guard down. I felt that way with both of my Guatlings while waiting for them to come home.

I will be praying for you and your family.

Amy said...

Praying that you are OUT very soon! He really is adorable, I love his facial expressions and those eyes!

Will continue to pray.

David and Marianne said...

All of us guatemamas know exactly what you mean about living out the moment and then becoming totally numb or guarded. I'm encouraged to hear you holding on to your faith that He who began this work in you is faithful to complete it...we just have to trust His will!

Praying for you!

Sara said...

Oh those big beautiful eyes! Keep holding onto your faith, God knows your heart and your desires.

Prayers and thoughts sent to you!

Jen said...

Thanks for the message on our blogspot! We are so thankful for hte connections that we are making. We pray that you are OUT of PGN as quick as possible. Your son is beautiful! What a blessing.

Pineapple Princess said...

Praying that you are OUT this week!!!!!!!!!!!

Blessings,
Stacy

Whitney said...

He communicates so much with those eyes and eyebrows! Praying your OUT is the next phone call away!!!

Sheryl said...

Praying for your "OUT" soon! Know that God's timing is perfect (this was not easy to live much less say). You are being prayed for daily!

Whitney said...

Your package arrived today...setting it in the suitcase. :)

Stephanie said...

Precious! Pray he is home soon!