Tuesday, January 15, 2008

I think my husband is "nesting"...

Just to give you a little background info first....I work a traditional work week, weekends off. My husband has 3 days off per week, so we have Sunday's off together. His other 2 days off fall during the week, while I am away at work. I can't tell you how many times I have come home after a day of work to find he has taken it upon himself to "start a project". Now, before you think I am being mean or unappreciative, I am not. I appreciate his energy and motivation, it's just sometimes the actual "idea" is not necessarily something I would have come up with. On a positive note, the man is NOT afraid to clean...GOD BLESS HIM for that!

Now, to finish my story. Last Monday I came home to find our office in complete disarray, a complete mess. He had taken everything out of the desk, closet and file cabinets...stuff was all over the office floor and guest bedroom. He decided it was time to "get organized"....I jokingly told him I thought he was "nesting". He was puzzled by that term, so I had to explain to him that pregnant women often "nest" right before giving birth. Anyway, the office is FINALLY put back together.

Fast forward a few days to his next day off, Sunday. It was time to "organize" the nursery, so we started going through the many piles we have shoved in there over the past few months. Note: this project is still a work in progress). Fast forward again, to today. I came home to find that he had completely pulled everything out of our laundry room...and I mean everything. Guess where he put it all? Yep, in our basement living room. I am not kidding....storage, litter box and all. Guess what he has "plans" to do? Finish the laundry room....sheet rock and tile floors. You know the best part about all of this...he goes back to work tomorrow (Note: it's now after 6pm). ;) HE IS SOOOOO NESTING!! Don't you think?

In all seriousness I write this post to be funny. I really do appreciate his motivation and the fact that he helps so much around the house. It's become a joke between us...I never know what project or home decorating binge he has gone on. I truly hope he is nesting...we want nothing more than to hear Mason is coming home soon.

This was once part of our bsmt LR, more commonly known as the "Poker Room". More junk piled up...
What was once the laundry room...he still doesn't know what to do w/ this stuff! YIKES!
Let's just call this one..."Real men DO housework"!! : )
Please pray that our case receives final approval soon! We are praying confidently and expecting God to answer.

"I have called upon Thee, for Thou will answer me, O God" Psalm 17:6a


6 comments:

Amy said...

I think you're right-NESTING big time! :)

Checking daily! Praying that you hear he is out of PGN and waiting to come home soon!

Stephanie said...

nesting or bored ;)

Anonymous said...

Definately "nesting", or perhaps just working out anxious energy. Either way, good job man!!!!

Deidre said...

Nice! My husband cleaned up the kitchen for me yesterday, I think that he was just tired of looking at the dirty dishes though! :)

Praying that you get word soon that you are out!!

Sara said...

It's good he is being efficient with his energy

jeffpope.com said...

dude...matt...strong work!!!